– Green light? – I ask him curiously.
– Yes – he says – you and I, we have a “go”.
– A “go” – I swallow the word.
– We are going North, you and I – he holds my hand and smiles with that childish smile that has nothing childish on it – The needle pulls, Vanilla, strong and steady.
I squeeze his hand and I look towards the highway. “We are going North” – I mumble, reflecting.
– Together, my sweet Vanilla – he squeezes my hand a bit harder – I wont let go.
– You promise?
– I promise – he whispers.
I feel the needle pulling, hard, strong, like never before.